Re: Skeles

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:05:37 +0200

>Mikael Raaterova :
>>Being defeated in combat means that you didn't achieve your
>>objective. If you want to avoid being captured or killed, i'd allow
>>an attempt to that effect.
>
>More importantly winning a contest means you DID achieve your objective.
>
>The skeletons are trying to kill you regardless of what you are trying to
>achieve.
>You can't lessen the impact of yuor failure by fudging it with "but I've
>only failed at trying to get through the door, not at being chopped up".

The impact of the failure is determined by the level of defeat.

The problem here is that when combat ends you are marginally defeated (failure, no lasting side effects). I.e. not dead. The MKMs/Skeletons won't stop attacking you until you are dead. So why would the combat end if you are not dead yet?

One possible interpretation is that you managed to flee before the skeletons terminally overwhelmed you, or at least managed to get into a position where the skeletons can't attack you, and that that is the reason why the combat ended before you were killed.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]