Re: Skeles

From: Thomas Bagwell <tnbagwell_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:44:28 -0000

That's a good reason to clarify the Parting Shot/CdG rules. I think limiting characters to a single parting shot is wrong. It depends on the motive of the 'winner'. If he just wants to defeat his opponent, and drive it home, then a parting shot is appropriate. If he wants to turn him into red goo (either being a MKM or just really mad...) then he should have the option to make as many 'parting shots' as he wants until he can deliver a CdG.

> One possible interpretation is that you managed to flee before the
> skeletons terminally overwhelmed you, or at least managed to get
> into a position where the skeletons can't attack you, and that that
> is the reason why the combat ended before you were killed.

I think someone who is so exhausted, dazed, bruised and battered as to be unable to continue combat (at 0 AP or below) is also in no shape to 'flee' anywhere. If they want to withdraw, I would say it has to be done before reaching 0 AP while they still have some energy left. After that, as the MKM (or really mad guy) is still whaling on them, they could try to change the contest by normal rules, but I would -heavily- penalize any attempt to change it to another physical contest...if I allowed it at all. Begging the really mad guy not to kill you might work...begging the MKM certainly wouldn't. Generally, attempting to flee after sinking below 0 AP would be characterized by a character clawing his way across the ground trying to get away.

(Picture Nicholas Cage in 'Raising Arizona' as he tries to crawl under the car. To be fair...I'm not sure how to model what happened next...)

Tom B.