Re: AP Mechanics & realism

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:41:50 +0200

Simon Hibbs

> Ok, so it's all
> subsumed into an AP pool, but that no diferent than the way
> factors in RQ are subsumed into skill percentages, or Hit Points.
> At the end of the day, tables are made up by people just as much
> as on-the-spot modifiers, and I don't see that either of
> them is blessed with any special inherent 'realism'.

        Actually I think that the AP mechanic is very realistic, as it allows to take into account many factors that are otherwise neglected in most games.

Tim Ellis

> "HW Works - unless you expect it to be RQ..."

        Exactly my opinion. Then, if we agree on this, how come we don't agree on the rest? ;)

--

Regards,
Alexandre.

"Cinq milliards de races d'hommes sur Terre,
Est-ce assez pour croiser le fer...?"