Re: The Whole Scorpion Hall Thing

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:45:26 +0200

> >Being defeated in combat means that you didn't achieve your
>>objective. If you want to avoid being captured or killed, i'd allow
>>an attempt to that effect.
>
>But doesn't it mean that that the opponent *did* achieve their objective?

Yes. Though in this particular case the winner had the objective to _kill_ the opponent. That is achieved with a complete victory. If the skeletons had the objective to capture the opponent, i'd let them achieve that with a marginal victory. This objective to me also means that if the skeletons had got a complete victory the opponent wouldn't be dead (rather counterproductive to capture, i think).

Opponents killed by being reduced from positive APs to -31 in one go are rightfully dead (or dying). It's the post-combat gratuitous killings i don't like. The rule for CdG implies that such is routinely performed, which i disagree with.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]