Re: The Whole Scorpion Hall Thing

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:19:09 -0000

> I don't think it implies that killing downed opponents is routine.
> But for those circumstances where it is necessary, it's nice to
have
> guidelines for it, and a way to handle it within the framework of
the
> rules.
>
> Tom B.

I suspect that when Thunder Rebels comes out, there'll be fewer Cut The Grass maneuvers.

At least, as soon as the hopefully lucrative ransom rules are published.

Tradtionally the ransom of someone is 1/4 or 1/2 their blood price (too tired to spell w.g. today). For joe schmoe that's going to be 5 cows. For something like a clan ring member, that'd be a nice and fat
20....

Remember, 1 Cow = 1 Wealth.... Of course, its a good idea to give it
all to your chieftan and its a good idea for the chieftan to give half
of it back to you. That way he can pay for your ransom and look generous and you can rely that he WILL pay your ransom.... and you won't loose 10 wealth permanently yourself everytime it happens. You are worth a ransom of 10 cows aren't you?

How much is that in sheep anyways?

Jeff Kyer / Sheepstealer