Re: Changing objectives

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:49:24 +0200

> > As someone else notd, if I lose the contest, my opponent has achieved *his*
>> goal.
>
>Is that so, or is it only the case if they achieve a Complete
>Victory? After all, having Dazed your foe in melee is hardly
>achieving your intention of killing them. Don't the lesser
>victory/defeat levels imply that both sides disengage before then?

Since when is the purpose of combat to kill your opponent? Usually you enter into combat, or, rather, a combat occurs, because there is a conflict of interests. IMHW, the combat/contest* is really about resolving that conflict. The degree of victory/defeat determines in what manner you or your opponent realize your objectives, respectively.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]