Re: Digest Number 193

From: TheCam_at_...
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:36:45 EDT

Christoph Kohring:
>> The player, a Humakti, rolled for berserk and failed the
>> roll. So he then used a Hero Point to force a success and go Berserk.
>
>That's one way of playing it. Try changing it to where the players have
>to declare a bump _before_ a roll.

So, if they actually roll a crit they've wasted a HP? To me, that kinda defeats the purpose of having Hero Points. I instituted the use of luck points in my rq game because of one of my players who seems to roll 00 much more often than 1% of the time... To have to declare their use before you know you need them seems backwards to me.

As someone else stated before, someone burning HP for rolls where they don't really need it are shooting themselves in the foot since they're reducing the number of points they'll have to increase their abilities.

Camo