Re: Shaman question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:01:54 -0000

Not into the simple stuff then ? :) Note that the Heortlings call them Spirit Talkers, not Shamans.

> I know that the difficulty is 10w3 to overcome the Spirit World
Barrier, and I
> use my Travel Spirit World (17), aided by my Fetch (might of 5w)
means that I
> have a combined power of 2w2 to breach the Spirit World (am I
correct here ?).

Correct as far as it goes, yes. Note the assistance available from various things like special days, places, items, etc., plus community support. Sorry I can't be more precise, I'm at work right now, and my books aren't... Personally, if I wanted a Spirit Talker able to regularly reach the Otherworld (as I do...) I'd make sure Spirit World Travel was 5W, or at least 1W. With the above modifiers you can reach a fairly even chance. Also note you MUST succeed in drawing a Shamanic circle before you can start the Spirit World Travel.

Wulf