Re: Berserking Revisited m2

From: Jarec Basham <jarec_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:14:27 -0000

> I think the pont of the argument was not to enforce some mythic
Perfect
> Humakti but to help a narrator who was having trouble dealing with a
> rather over the top player character.

Just trying to educate without thought control, as is my way. This was a Humakti who three weeks earlier had walked away from a battle with a Broo that just kept getting up. If he had gone Berserk against the Broo, as was intended, then I would have been happy. The Trollkin battle was intended to be easy so that the non combat characters could get involved without too much risk. And of course a little light relief as Trollkin usually are.

Now he has been Illuminated by Greg and Roderick and he will never be the same again. Bring on the Uroxi!!!!!!!!

As I said earlier some of the other players are also a little off path, but in a less noticable way. Much of this stems from ignorance of Glorantha, but I would rather they learn as characters how to better follow their God than me as a Narrator read them chapter and verse. However if that fails I will use other means to 'train' them. (Wait for the why Lhankor Mhy don't burn books thread, just a joke it hasn't happened .... YET!!)

If nothing else I now know that when Bigfoot plays his Humakti in future both he and the other players will find the game more enjoyable because he now has more purpose, focus and understanding of the path he has chosen. In the end if he is not confortable with his choice of Humakt I'm sure that the local Uroxi will call by with GTA sign up forms.

Jarec