Re: Knowing, doing, and being (was Re: [hw-rules] Digest Number 198)

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:02:32 +0100

>So if a devotee of Chalana spends a few days going over one
>particular healing myth in detail with a Humakti, the Humakti
>would get a healing feat? He now knows everything about the
>myth, so if knowledge is what is important, he will know the feat.

I think the principles here are common to all the major forms of magic - knowing isn't everything, there is doing, and also being. You don't just have to know it - you have to do the right things, and you have to be whatever the magic requires you to be. A Humakti can't be Chalana Arroy, and the CA initiate can't be either, unless they know how to.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.