Re: Lapsing worship

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:37:06 -0400

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> has anything specific ever been put in print about what happens to
> lapsed Initiates in HW? Say, for example, an Initiate of some deity
> goes on a journey to lands where that deity is unknown or not
> worshipped. They can attempt to continue the accepted ways and
> practices of their deity, but cannot attend any ceremonies, nor find
> any sites or holy persons associated with it. In short, they are cut
> off from their God, but want to stay an Initiate.
>
> Can they continue to use their Affinities? For how long? What minimum
> degree of worship would be vital to any link?
>
> Wulf

I was told that when you stop attending the ceremonies you lose access to the affinities.

My own thought is that you'd have to re-awaken them by proper worship ceremony and sacrifice (something hard to do with just yourself)... Pay a HP and get them back at the original values.

For someone cast out of the cult, you'd lose them utterly -- unless you were able to find a similar cult with similar magics (Elmal/Yelmalio comes to mind) and then there'd be some sort of loss -- certainly any feats would go (and I'd probably give a 3/4 affinity or 13 whichever is higher).

Forsaking a god is a serious thing.

Jeff