Pantheon Worship

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:28:52 +1000

just a thought, but could it be worth actually creating benefits for a Pantheon Initiate?

(Nothing to do with Pavis now)

I mean,an Initiate of the Storm Pantheon might be eligible for minor magic, sort of a slightly improved version of the Lay Member

This carries over into the idea that an Orlanth (or Issaries or Barntar) Initiate of course is obviously a worshipper of the Storm Pantheon - so, what benefits are they entitled to from the other deities?

The same I suspect as the Pantheon Initiate - very little, but something

Perhaps this is simply too complex to discuss, or perhaps it relates to Sandy's ideas on folk magic, that there are certain simple magics available for everyday life that a Pantheon Initiate can call on

I wonder, would Pantheon Initiation be like baptism, happens to every child, and only ends if they substantially break the laws of that Pantheon?

Following the concept would mean working out simple magics for each pantheon, and would need to address which pantheon someone was actually in
(eg is Ernalda Earth or Storm?)

Probably this latter issue can be fairly easily addressed by just looking at the culture to which they belong.

.... or am I just talking out of the back of my head :)

Glorantha Site:
http://home.primus.com.au/arkat/runeq.html