From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:37:31 +0100

> From: "Ian Cooper" <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
>Agreed and well pointed out. In addition where there is no court of
>jurisdiction over both of you this is the only way to go to avpoid
>violence ("There is always another way"). Peace in feuds is often
>settled by the payment of weregilds as part of the peace agreement,
>not because they are imposed by the court. I suspect peace treaties
>are one of the few occasions where a king's weregild might paid.

In Fall of the House of Malan (freeform at convulsion), King Malan was often paying wergild for his clansmen (and others) to avoid various political upsets. This gave him a reputation for generosity etc., made various troublemakers endebted to him and so on. Afterwards several players jokingly complained that that b******d Malan kept giving them gifts or ruling in their favour!

Thom