Re: Re: Lapsing worship

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:11:10 +0100

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:39:45 -0000, "Bryan Thexton" <bethexton_at_...> wrote:

>> According to the writeup on the Issaries website (which I agree
>> with), Lambril thinks people who give up their wealth voluntarily
>are
>> fools. She could get someone ELSE to sacrifice...
>>
>Hmmm, you know one of the problems that thieves always seem to have
>is that a lot of things are just too distinctive to dispose of
>easily, however easy they are to steal. Surely if you helped some
>foolish burgher make a sacrifice (albeit unknowingly) of some poorly
>protected valuable Lambril wouldn't mind?

Well, if you can actually do this LITERALLY (ie make them offer the item 'freely'), Lanbril (oops... I've been spelling it wrongly) will love it :) Everything from 'Alms for the poor?' to 'Pssst! Wanna buy London Bridge?'. Some Yanks fell for that one :) And you have to tithe your takings anyway, so something really pricey would cover that for a time. Otherwise I'd say the best form of sacrifice to Lanbril would be the rich folks' peace of mind...

Wulf