Re: followers; Lanbril

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 10:00:51 -0700

Thom answered me:

> >Note also that hero points can't normally be used for anyone but
> >yourself -- if you've split off a follower to act independently, you
> >can't use your HP to bump their rolls.
>
> My initial reaction was that this is too strict an interpretation. However,
> thinking about it, if your follower acts independently a lot and you spend
> an HP on them you have effectively converted them over to being a weak
> ally. This might be the simplest way to handle it.

If your follower acts independently a lot, you may have also started hogging the game by in effect running multiple characters. As always, it depends on the circumstances, but I think the fact that you can't use HP on another character's rolls helps to avoid this temptation.

Mikko on Lanbril:

> So this silly cult is back?
>
> Luckily it was just a fan article. I was quite happy when this was
> offiscially declared not to exist in Glorantha. D&D thief quild... brr.

Lanbril is in fact in Gods of Glorantha (in the Prosopaedia), though I don't believe it's intended to be anything like the RQ2 cult.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein