Four Magic Weapons subcults

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 14:21:56 -0700

Has anyone given thought to how to convert the Four Magic Weapons of Orlanth?

"Each of the four weapons is now a separate subcult, providing a separate Rune magic." I'm thinking that the best way to handle this is as four independent feats. These are small subcults, but very common. You could include them in starting characters by writing "He learned Orlanth's Lightning Spear" or "She owns the Scarf of Mist" etc.

An alternate approach is to consider them all one affinity. I think this is wrong, since they aren't really related.

Another alternate is to have four affinities, one per subcult. I think this is wrong too since Orlanth didn't steal Kyger Litor's darkness powers, just the specific ability to move in darkness (i.e. the Sandals of Darkness).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein