Re: Four Magic Weapons subcults

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 02:48:59 -0000

David Dunham:
<Has anyone given thought to how to convert the Four Magic Weapons of
Orlanth?

"Each of the four weapons is now a separate subcult, providing a separate Rune magic." I'm thinking that the best way to handle this is as four independent feats. These are small subcults, but very common. You could include them in starting characters by writing "He learned Orlanth's Lightning Spear" or "She owns the Scarf of Mist" etc.>

If you make them each a one feat only subcult I would reccomend that you make the time requirement less than the normal %10.

<An alternate approach is to consider them all one affinity. I think
this is wrong, since they aren't really related.>

I disagree. They might not be related mechanically, but they're related mythologically. Many of the affinities given in Hero Wars have feats which are not obviously related. Would you really guess,for example, that Pierce Trolls and Spit Down Wind belong in the same affinity (Urvairness) if you didn't know the story of how those things were regarded by Dara Happans?

                                                 Mark Mohrfield