Re: First HW Session and Feats!

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 18:18:39 -0000

Glad to hear things go so well! Welcome aboard.

> Question about feats:
> Which feats could be used for Augmentation? All?

Most can be used for augmentation. It depends on the player (and Narrator) interpretation. Things like Enchant are not augments, of course and are covered under the somewhat sketchy enchantment rules in
Advanced Magic (I believe)

> What are the effects of feats when not used for Augmentation? The
> obvious things like Swordbreaker?

In an extended contest, they cost the enemy AP's, depending on the amount of AP bid. Other effects are up to the Narrator and would reflect a very good success.

> What are the effects of Enchant Iron in your games?

You have to have iron, but when it is enchanted, it gets the bonuses of Enchanted Iron in the Advanced Magic section. Without being enchanted, its no better than bronze.

Various Enchants are used in an out-of-game sense and take place between games or over the course of several games, depending on the type of enchantment -- one player in my group is slowly enchanting a rather potent thunderstone, for example.

Jeff