Re: Questions

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:51:49 -0000

Sorcerors I leave to the warriors to sort out (terminally).

> -Self healing. How is this possible in extended contests. Say a
character
> with Earthpower is reduced to zero APs i an extended contest. How
can this
> character heal himself. Healing yourself seem very problamtic in
any case.

I'd say an Unrelated Contest would be required to heal yourself (or raise AP). Both your Wound penalty and the healing penalty (possibly the Wounds again) would apply. My problem is healing other people during melee, as I still require touch range. Grabbing someone during a melee can be hazardous to the health...

> -How do you use flaws? As a straight reduction? As a resistance?
Probably
> both depending on context. But I'm interested in how you have used
it in
> actual play.

When it's sensible, as a resistance. Otherwise, my intention is to use it as a penalty, based on -1 per 10 points (a very severe augmentation roll).

> -Does it take an urelated action to improve an ability with another
> mundane ability? Using Strong to get an edge in Close Combat for
instance.
> The rules seem to indicate that it takes an action, while common
sense and
> the sample characters under Hero Bands indicates that it does not.

The rules do state augmentation of any type requires an action, but I'd allow things like Strong (the Hero Band example) or Agile to be given a 'free' action before the contest begins, even if there's technically no time. However, if you don't like the result, it requires an Unrelated Action DURING a contest to change the augment.

> -Items in rituals. One of my players has a lawspeaker character who
owns a
> magical staff. It is called The Thousand Eyed Witness, and it is a
records
> of crimes comitted. Now if he is to create a ritual to improve his
See
> Past Feat to view a crime incorporating the staff, how much bonus
would
> that staff give? Unique Iten (+20)?, It's target number (13)? a
normal
> augmentation?

It could be a unique item, depends how powerful you want it to be. Otherwise I'd say an augment.

Wulf