Re: Four Magic Weapons; myths

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:24:52 -0000

DD>>> This certainly maintains the obscure feat name doctrine
>>> (unless you happen to be a Glorantha scholar).

Me>> I don't see why users of these feats should know (or be
>> limited to) the RQ versions of the spell. I'm certainly

> I think he was referring to the earlier daitribe about
>"Stupid Feat Names" -- YOU know what Shield of Arran should
>do. YOU know what the Scarf of Mist does.

And I only know what they "should do" in RQ terms. David was complaining they were obscure because the HW rules allowed a much greater room for interpreting the feats. But in and of themselves, a feat name like Lightning Spear is not obscure.

> > Do the Orlanthi accept Moon as an element? I thought
> > they would have treated it as Sky which is certainly
> > a foe that Orlanth has defeated.

> I'd think for the purspose of Orlanthi, Moon is not an
> element.

If so, then the Orlanthi can't master it by this affinity.

--Peter Metcalfe