Re: Four Magic Weapons subcults

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:18:35 -0000

> Well, without knowing the whole story we don't know that the myths
> aren't related. I could easily imagine them being a part of a
> cycle, "How Orlanth proved that he was the ruler of all the
Elements"
> or something like that. Even if they aren't, I think that the
related

Actually, I think the bare bones of the stories for the magic weapon subcults is written down somewhere (that isn't Cults of Prax)... Others more wise in this would probably say precisely where.

> symbolism is good enough a reason to group them under the same
> affinity. Too continue my earlier example, it's unlikely that
> Urvairinus used his Pierce Trolls and Spit Down Wind in the same
> myth, but they're still in the same affinity. Then again I suppose
> there might be a "How Urvairinus defeated all the foes of Dara
Happa"
> myth, to.

Actually, according to Glorias ReAscent of Yelm, good Urvaririus orgainzed an army that, in quick succession, defeated all the Foes of Dara Happa, including a combined army of monsters. I would say that Urvarius's stchick is 'Raising An Army And Defending Dara Happa' -- so a Defeat Our Foes affinity is very closely related to his core myths.

 Orlanth's Magic Weapons are a more incidental to his core mythology (though important enough to be common knowlege among his worshippers). I'm going with a set of feats that could be fleshed out later but that's personal preference.

No doubt it will all be sorted out in TR to great outcries of angst...
=(

Jeff