Re: Xena or not...

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:10:59 -0400

> >I'll admit I don't like the economics in HW but that's fine, we don't
> >use them. We've gone to the CS or Cow Standard based currency.
> >
> >Jeff
>
> I I took away my players hard-earned silvercoins, I would probably never
> know what hit me.... they would go at my throat an masse :-)
>
> Mikael

We're very clannish in our economics. They give everything they find to their chief that they loot and steal. He gifts them with half of it. The other half goes into feasting, wassail, quaffing, weregilds, more weaponthanes and sacrifices to Orlanth. The heroes then share their take out amongst their bloodline. Usually cows happen at this point. Some is kept but we've really been treating Wealth as 'Resources' as per David Dunham's suggestions.

It works for me but its fast and dirty. But most of my players don't want to bookkeep coppers and silvers and the like. I suppose we're being very Conan-esque in this -- we have a sack of jewels and gold and suddenly its all gone by the next adventure.

PVP Quote: I spent all my loot on ale and whores.

Jeff