Re: Xena or not...

From: Mikael Hansson <mikael.hansson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 20:31:56 +0100

>We're very clannish in our economics. They give everything they find to
>their chief that they loot and steal. He gifts them with half of it.
>The other half goes into feasting, wassail, quaffing, weregilds, more
>weaponthanes and sacrifices to Orlanth. The heroes then share their
>take out amongst their bloodline. Usually cows happen at this point.
>Some is kept but we've really been treating Wealth as 'Resources' as per
>David Dunham's suggestions.

Most of their finding goes that way yes! But Tehy discovered how expensive a chainmail was, and since then they have been hoarding every penny they got, when they didn try to find someone wimpy enough to be beaten by them, and still own a chainmail... :-)

>It works for me but its fast and dirty. But most of my players don't
>want to bookkeep coppers and silvers and the like. I suppose we're
>being very Conan-esque in this -- we have a sack of jewels and gold and
>suddenly its all gone by the next adventure.
>
>PVP Quote: I spent all my loot on ale and whores.

But it is amusing to listen to them quarrel about how to distribute their findings... somehow the Trickster always has money ... :-)

Mikael