RE: Re: feats; G&S; Xena

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:42:12 -0500

|From: David Dunham [mailto:david_at_...]
|But I still don't see why you need to care that the specific feats
|are in the same affinity. And you certainly don't need to know to
|story of Urvairanus or any other myth to use an affinity or a feat,
|or to play Hero Wars. This sort of thing has certainly never come up
|in the 2 years or so of playtesting we did.

The only reason to know the myths behgind the feats, IMO, would come when improvising new feats. If you don't understand how the two given feats fit together, it's much harder to come up with new feats. I find myself rather lost with most of the Lunar cults because I'm not as familiar with them; I'm waiting for SGU before I even attempt a campaign featuring Lunars to any great degree (a long wait, I realize).

Guy