Re: Magic Crystals

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 09:23:45 -0400

Ian Cooper wrote:

> Anyone had any thoughts on how to convert that old RQII/Elder Secrets
> staple magic crystals - the blood of the gods - to HW.
>
> My initial thoughts are along the lines of enhancment i.e.
> augmentation/edges or AP resevoirs for magic activities, but I
> wondered what the list thought, or may have done already.
>
> Or are we abandoning these things in the HW dawn.

That is how I use them, or use them as (effectively) fetishes that provide AP's in certain circumstances. One ofthe artifacts of the old RQ system was that you needed juice for your magics, hence the relentless PC quest for power crystals and storage devices. HW doesn't use Power or MP's so the need is not as pressing.

But Powered Crystals are verra cool and make good items for your write up or strange things for a PC to find. And, attuning them takes a HP -- just like cementing an item.

Jeff