Re: Wealth

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:47:41 -0400

> I have to say that my players & I like the idea of a Wealth rating. They
> hated being accountants and having to go through tithing and paying for
> everything. You could just rule not to nickel & dime everything but then
> you might as well just use Wealth.

Yes, the Wealth rating does save all that nasty role-playing of going to the family, friends, or dependents to get enough trade goods to buy that pretty sword in the weaponshoppe in town. No more tedious bargaining like an Arab (or should that be Vadeli?) over the prices, they can now be fixed and published, like the never were in reality (sit next to the company purchasing or bill collections officer for a while, and you'll see what I mean). No arguments over splitting the haul. We can leave all that Issaries type stuff to followers, while we heroes play priests, sorceror/wizards, or fighters.

A definite advance.

Yeah...