Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:49:25 +0200

Philip Hibbs:

> >Frex, the price of spells equal to the MPs
> >in the spell squared: how does a magician
> >measures how many MPs a spell costs?
>
> Don't be daft, that's obviously an out-of-character rule. No Gloranthan
> wizard-for-hire has that printed on their door.

        Well, I hope that no wizard-for-hire, in whatever world he happens to live, has that printed on his door! Well, unless they have invented MPs to measure magical power, that is, and IIRC on the large map of RoC magic points are mentioned. But this is not the point.

        You (if you happen to follow the rule) still have a character who makes a choice (how much asking for a spell) based on OCC knowledge. And there are other instances, no? Like asking your temple if they could teach you a Bladesharp 3, because you have just enough Free INT. OK, it's daft, I agree, but IMO there is less mingling between IC and OCC in HW than in RQ.

 --
Regards,
Alexandre.

"Cinq milliards de races d'hommes sur Terre, Est-ce assez pour croiser le fer...?"