Re: Truestones & Wealth

From: TheCam_at_...
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:53:56 EDT

> Now... how about Truestone? How about BLANK Truestone?

They store affinities/feats.

> Yes, the Wealth rating does save all that nasty role-playing of going to
> the family, friends, or dependents to get enough trade goods to buy that
> pretty sword in the weaponshoppe in town. No more tedious bargaining like
> an Arab (or should that be Vadeli?) over the prices, they can now be
> fixed and published, like the never were in reality

All of this still happens. It specifically talks in the wealth rules about going to family/clan members to get items you need/augment your Wealth. And why can't someone bargain down a value rating? It could make the roll to purchase an item more likely and if you reduce the value to below your Wealth, you won't have to reduce your Wealth by a point. The value ratings listed in the book are as fixed and published as the prices listed in RQ II & III. What's the difference?

> No arguments over splitting the haul.

Just arguments over splitting the wealth rating of a pile of treasure. In my opinion, Wealth takes away most of the negative aspects of treasure (like bookkeeping and nickel & diming) but still allows for the fun parts (like bargaining and finding a pile of loot.)

Camo