Re: archery; crystals

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:06:19 -0700

Several people have posted on archery lately.

Don't forget that much of the time it is impossible to close with the archers -- I'm talking about the case of mounted archers like Grazers or Praxians. These guys already have a huge advantage, and I see no reason in the game to give them further benefits like edges.

Stephen had some good things to say about convering god-blood crystals from RQ. One thing that occurs to me is whether you can increase a crystal's might. I lean towards saying no.

On the other hand, for most items I say yes. For example, during the series, my character Nallindia put a fair number of hero points into her boat, Snapper. This could represent several things: adding various enchantments to an originally non-magical boat, or gaining increased rapport with a magical item.

It's arguable that a powered crystal, to which you're attuned, could be increased (on the grounds that over time you become more and more attuned to it).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein