Re: Sniping and Hunting

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 15:43:02 -0400

"Tavener, Doyle W." wrote:

> Clay sez:
>
> > Three similar situations:
>
> I would handle all of these in the same way. Augment to hell and back, and
> bet all your AP in a single exchange. If you were to lose, I would just rule
> that there were no consequences to your failure, and rule that your APs go
> back to normal, and initiate a new exchange when the guy runs up/deer runs
> away/guy turns around.
>
> Does this seem to weird to people out there?

Nope. That's what I'd do. But in this case, it would not be an extended contest it would be a single contest. If you lose, the deer gets away. If you win, you've wounded it. A good hunter, with situational modifiers should get a bump up. And remember, for every hit you get when hunting, there's a LOT of misses. I prefer to make hunting an 'over the course of the day' experience. If you're out there all day, you're bound to eventually get something. Hunters traditionally hunt till they get something too big to carry easily and then head home.

Jeff