Praxian archers

From: Richard Melvin <rmelvin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 14:22:07 +0100

>Don't forget that much of the time it is impossible to close with the
>archers -- I'm talking about the case of mounted archers like Grazers
>or Praxians. These guys already have a huge advantage, and I see no
>reason in the game to give them further benefits like edges.

I'm not following you here. What huge advantage does the Praxian have if you don't give them an edge?

How would you actually run this? Interpret the combat results appropriately?

Straw man:

'You won the contest again? Complete victory? OK, your not wounded at all then. The Praxian rides off 100 metres and picks up another batch of arrows from his stash. Start a new contest.'

Or are you already giving one side or the other a bonus or penalty? In which case we are just discussing which form the bonus or penalty should take. And as far as I can see a defensive edge really does work better than anything else in the game system to give the players the same kind of choices as their character faces.

Richard