Re: Magic Crystals & "Battle Magic"

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 11:35:28 -0000

> > Spirit Talkers, please. Shamans are primitive sorts who run
around in
> > loincloths. We Spirit Talkers have raised the art somewhat from
that
> > level :)
> Defiantly ! Under no circumstances do we want Fanchon running
around in a
> loincloth :)

I was eating my lunch when I read that...

> On the subject of shaman and clothing when a Hsunchen shapchanges
what if
> anything happens to what they are wearing? Or do they normally
strip first?

Clothing would not, I'd say, disappear or turn into fur, it'd drop off if they don't strip first. Given that Hsunchen generally never get past the 'Quest For Fire/Clan of the Cave Bear' stage of clothing (the first: superb movie, excellent adaptation: The second... ah, well, better than the book, and it did star Daryl Hannah...), I doubt it would be much of a burden.

> > The crystal's rating is used
> > to RETAIN the spirit, but it doesn't trap it itself, and doesn't
help
> > the Spirit Talker/Shaman do so.
> Automatically or is a contest required ?

A contest to put the genie back in the bottle, so to speak, yes. Preferably Simple.

Wulf