Re: Assassins

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:45:23 +0100

>Use an extended contest with stealth (getting behind them with
>them being unaware) or social skills (gaining them to drop their
>guard) to get to the point where they have less AP then you.

While the rules mechanics are fine for this, there is the problem that after the first exchange, both sides get to know the other side's APs, which means that the player being stalked gets to know that he is being stalked, without the character knowing. This *is* going to lead to problems with players trying to justify character actions based on OOC info. I don't have a problem with it, I try to abstract myself from my character, and often work against my character's interests if it's dramatically appropriate. Instinct does often get the better of me, though, if it's clear that lives are on the line.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.