Re: Spirit combat

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:32:59 -0000

> There is one question that has bugged me ever since
> reading the animism rules; can non-shamans with the
> spirit combat ability make fetishes or can they just
> integrate? It seems to me that only being able to
> integrate spirits is a little unbalanced.

No, if you have Spirit Combat you can Bind or Integrate. If you have Tradition Knowledge, you know how to make a Fetish, and where on the Spirit Plane to find a spirit. If you have Spirit World Travel (enough to break through that 10W3 barrier), you can go get your own. If you have all three, you ARE a Shaman...

> They spend a long time dependant on their shaman for
> one-use fetishes, then when their skill in spirt
> combat is high enough, bang, they can integrate and
> have perpetually useable powers!

Or re-fill fetishes created by their Shamans.

>The
> rules however appear to say that only Shamans can make
> fetishes, what do people think?

You need Tradition Knowledge to make Fetishes, I believe. And even with that, you need a Shaman to get you to the Spirit Plane.

Wulf