Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:03:01 +0100

>Mikko : domonstrating the lack of information regarding feats
>> >"A thunderstone will help a devotee
>> >of Orlanth to summon a storm".

Phil lays the bait:
>> Yes, I think you're probably right, it would. I'd allow this
>> feat to be used to augment a storm summoning ritual.

and catches a Mikko:
>*ouch* This is exactly what I mean.
>... Now they get to see that just because the
>enchanted slingstone is called a thunderstone
>it can suddenly be used to summon thunder.

No, it is called a Thunderstone because it has had thunder power imbued in it, and this could be used in a ritual to *aid* the summoning of a storm. Give each of the participants a thunderstone, and that will help them become thunder clouds, if that's the way you're doing the ritual. If the players can explain how it fits into the ritual, then I'll allow it. I wouldn't allow someone to just throw a thunderstone into the sky, and use that on its own to summon a storm. That would involve improvising another feat from the affinity, IMO.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.