RE: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:16:17 -0500

|No, it is called a Thunderstone because it has had thunder
|power imbued in
|it, and this could be used in a ritual to *aid* the summoning
|of a storm.
|Give each of the participants a thunderstone, and that will help them
|become thunder clouds, if that's the way you're doing the
|ritual. If the
|players can explain how it fits into the ritual, then I'll allow it. I
|wouldn't allow someone to just throw a thunderstone into the
|sky, and use
|that on its own to summon a storm. That would involve
|improvising another
|feat from the affinity, IMO.

This is definitely what I like best about HW. You think of something like the Thunderstone in its mythic terms first (i.e., it's a piece of solidified thunder), then come up with ways to use it (hurl it, summon thunder, etc.) Most RPGs put the game construct first, which usually seems very artificail to me.

Guy