Mostali Weapons

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:41:55 +0100

Mikko Asks

>Just eight for muskets too?

Yes, i definitely spotted that!

> Did the writeup specify range?

Yes it did

>Was there a difference between pistol and musket?

Yes there was. The range of the musket was 3 or 5 times greater (I forget which and the book is downstairs at the moment. Buy your own copy if it's important (actually buy your own copy anyway - Loads of information about Pavis, A trip to Glamour with Duke Raus, and some fiction that was originally written for "Heroes of the King")

> (or is this too simulationistic for Hero Wars?). The difference
> between a pistol and a musket is pretty damn important in the real
> world at least.

Maybe, maybe not. The result of being shot by either is much the same... (OK so a musket has a better range and requires two hands, but otherwise they are both ranged weapon attacks that fire more slowly than a bow... This is Hero Wars, not Twiglet (sic) 2000, we don't need hundreds of different types of gun... (or sword or polearm or whatever...)

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |