Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 07:51:08 -0000

I would have been more verbose and less direct, however...

> the magic rules in Hero Wars are much closer to the latter, and
useless as
> written.
>
> Completely useless.

I wouldn't go nearly so far. Actually, I'm playing them perfectly happily, but I am avoiding, and not looking forward to having to interpret, stuff like 'Snarl darkness' and the new (to me) 'Spit Down the Wind' (wasn't that a competition in the 'Monkey Island' computer game?). Holding up the game every time I (or another player, although our players usually just ask 'What can I do with that?') have to figure out a fair, consistant, and useable meaning for a feat just holds things up.

Wulf