Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: Steve Dempsey <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 08:12:25 -0000

HW is one of the few games where I have played it and GMed and I still don't know how the bloody thing works. One of my players has 'Miraculous recovory from injury' on his sheet.

Given that he is a Gladiator it's a fine choice but deciding how to use it in the game is a nightmare.

Does this provide APs for healing using the lending APs (to oneself!) rules, does he reduce healing time by making a simple role. If he fails, does this mean that he gets worse, in which case it would seem to be a 'Get Better Now or Die' skill.

I don't really mind how it works but some guidelines on what is considered reasonable allowing me to maintian some consistency and fairness would help.

Not to say that I don't like the game, 'cos I do. It fits Glorantha much better than any previous incarnation but I am not telling stories, I'm playing games.

Steve