Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:15:11 -0000

> Has anyone spoken to a genuine newbie who has the rules and never
> read anything about Glorantha ? If so what has been their response.

Some of our group fit that category, although there are a few of us veterans to fill in the background gaps. General impression is positive, but they feel lost in the lack of direction (poor phrasiology, however) when playing, and overly constrained by the comprehensive background. Our female player's first complaint was how chauvanist the background was (although when I pointed out the bits she really hated were about the Darra Happans and Lunars we reached an agreement :). Lack of direction in Feats has led to very few being used, but fortunately they tend to go for literal translations (using Sunset Leap to leap, at sunset, was a great relief to me). Archery is still a problem, and generally they are still asking 'How do I do that?', and 'What does that do?' despite owning a set of the rules themselves.

Wulf