Re: Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: Richard Addy <rmaddy_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:12:22 -0400

On 8 Aug 00, at 12:45, Tim Ellis wrote:

> > and generally they are still asking 'How do I do
> > that?', and 'What does that do?' despite owning a set of the rules
> > themselves.
> >
> But this in particular (and the whole reponse in general) is, surely
> the fairly standard response of any person coming new to Role- playing
> - especially when playing with a group where they expect the GM or
> Other (more experienced) players to be able to help them...

Well, geez, it's not -just- the newbies who are having this response. The folks on this list, for the most part, seem fairly seasoned, and it seems like there are an awful lot of really long threads on how to resolve fairly straightforward tasks (archery, in the latest go-round).

To me, *that's* the big problem with HW - there's just not very much guidance on how to handle common situations, other than, 'go with the flow'

Richard