Re: Re: Bless Woad/Armour of Woad

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:27:42 +0100

>No. *Only* if you have a sealed pot of woad, where did you get the
>pot, can you just rub together some woad plants and smear it on?

That's a matter of roleplaying style. Some people like to go into detail in terms of equipment lists, some don't. In RQ, Bless Woad was a runespell that you had to go to some effort to regain, so it was reasonable that you account for how many uses of the spell you have, how many have been used to make woad, etc. In HW, it's just an ability, and if you don't want to make the players bookkeep everything, then I would recommend that anyone that has "Bless Woad" on their character sheet could get away with saying that they have some ready-made woad on them. If you want to be a bit more strict, then you could make them roll their ability against some environmental resistance based on how far from home they are, so a Sartarite in Snake Pipe Hollow might have to roll against, say, 10W. They could augment their ability with "resourceful", "careful planner", or whatever.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.