Re: Mostali Muskets

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:55:17 -0700

hw-rules_at_egroups.com wrote:

> Message: 15
> Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:39:06 +0100
> From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
> Subject: Edges for Arrows
>
> Just spotted in Ye Booke of Tentacles 3 that the Dwarf Muskets and
> Pistols are given an edge of 8, presumably on similar grounds to
> Philip's argument for arrows...

I gave them a rank of 8 because I thought that they should punch through any non-enchanted armour they encounter. I thought that they should be 2-3 times the power of an arrow. It was also written before this thread on arrows and their power came up.

I do have to say that I do not agree with arrows having a rank of 10. That makes them more powerful than a greatsword! There are many well documented cases of Latin Crusaders riding around beating on Seljurq archers (when they could catch them) with many arrows sticking in their shield and armour. Normal arrows just don't penetrate good armour. Crossbows yes, long bows yes, compo bows yes. But all of these are uncommon in most areas of Glorantha.

Regards,

Wesley