Re: Ambiguity & Berserker Magic

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 12:37:12 -0000

> Actually, what bothers me (a little, just for the sake of
> hair-splitting) is that this ambiguity doesn't seem to extend to
berserker
> magic, which has its own very well defined rules that aren't simple
> implementations of the magic meta-rules.

What bothers me about berserks is that they seem to have absolutely no advantages whatsoever under the Simple Contest rules... berserk magic creates an Edge, not a Bonus, which isn't taken into account in Simple Contests. So your Humakti's CC Death Song Berserk 10W3 is sod all use if you're only facing a load of troillkin not worth an Extended Contest. You get multiple opponent penalties, but no benefit at all from the berserk...

Pity there wasn't a small paragraph like the berserk magic one (without funny symbols though...) explaining that anything with 'Enchant' in it needed a ritual.

Wulf