Re: Thunder Rebels; myths

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:29:31 -0700

Christoph

>Living during the dawn of the internet age, it is infuriating to know that
>the information lies somewhere in a digital file but that you have to wait
>until its publication on paper... Shouldn't there be a way of subscribing to
>get this info ? Against payment of course ! And no, I'm not speaking of the
>GTA...
Releasing drafts is a bit like releasing alpha-level software. It's of interest to some people, but it's not exactly usable. And you run the risk of being thought of as releasing inconsistent or confusing material (buggy software).

Even in the Internet age, there is a place for review and editing.

Steve

>Perhaps some one in the know ought to take the list of feats and
>describe the basic myth for the more obscure feats.

Could someone explain the rationale for needing myth for feats?

I perfectly understand wanting them -- we all want more Gloranthan myths.

But if I know how I can use a feat in game terms, why do I need to know a myth that relates to that feat? (This is not an arguing point, I seek clarification.) Anaxial's Record has mythlets (or summaries of mythlets) for most creatures, and while this is good for greater Gloranthan understanding, it doesn't help me play a more fun game to know that Jenarong saved the dinosaurs (if I'm remembering correctly -- don't hold me to this).

And to use Loren's mythlet, I'm not really any more clear on what Sunset Leap does. Do I have to be jumping to the Gates of Dusk? I can only use it for travel and not tactical advantage?

Sure, it could be a plot hook to know that Jenarong saved the dinosaurs, but more myths in general would do that, and wouldn't have to be tied to anything in particular.

Is asking for myths just a politically correct way of asking for feat descriptions?

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein