Sorcery question and idea for learning new sorcery spells

From: Anthony Utano <Anthony.Utano_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:13:33 -0000

Hi all

Question about Sorcery - I have a long runnning Fronelan campaign, where all the characters have obtained sorcerous spells. Now on reading the HW rules it seems that only Wizards/Sorcerers get spells by default. How are people playing this ? - it would seem a problem ordinary Malkioni cannot used magic but ordinary theistic(sp) worshippers can (fairly one-sided battles with the edges/augment rules)

So far, I am proposing (IMG) that those (non-liturgists) whom Venerate a saint can gain access to selected spells from that Saints main grimoire, but not from the 'Abiding Book'.

Anyone can also acquire singular spells if they can be and are willing to be taught (ie. must be able to read/write). I think should be quiet expensive in terms of Hero points.

What are other peoples experiences with 'common-mans' sorcery ?

Idea - learning a sorcery spell as an extended contest.

Now to test the idea ...:-)
Anthony