Re: Re: Thunderstone

From: Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:41:23 +0200

> Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:19:03 -0400
> From: "Richard Addy" <rmaddy_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Thunderstone

>> HW is a game that depends utterly upon the
>> Narrator to bring it to life. It's a set of tools for you to use, not
>> a straitjacket. Don't worry about the type of Glorantha in everybody
>> else's game, worry about your own True Glorantha.
>
> This, unfortunately, leaves me out of HW's target audience. HW -is-
> liberating, but that liberation comes at a cost. It requires a lot of
> work out of the GM (especially if you want consistency), which is
> fine, but I don't have -that- kind of time for rpg's anymore. Not for
> determining how the rules should work, anyway.

What work ? It doesn't require any, it requires only to be *played* ! Nothing less, nothing more.

What does require work is if, like me, you have to convert your player's RQ characters to HW & you don't have the relevant keywords... (A Yelmalion from the praxian Sun Dome, an Eurmalite from Pavis-Outside-the-Walls, an Orleving Donandari/Drogarsite, a Vronkali High King Elf Wood Lord from the Stinking Forest. The Humakti from Volsaxiland & the exiled Gorde Orlanth Thunderous god-talker as well as Humakti initiate didn't pose a lot of problems.)

Christoph

Issaries, Inc.: Products From *Your* Imaginatiuon !!!