Re: Subject: Mounted Combat

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:06:07 +0100

>The situation arised when oneof my players wanted to play a
>Heortling character who had lived for several years among
>the Grazers. Thus he is good at fighting with Spear & Shield
>on foot, but prefers to fight with an axe while mounted.

If he used the essay character generation, then I'd say putting "he learned to fight grazer-style" would allow him to use his close combat ability with no penalty, but if he wantsa to use a different weapon while mounted, then maybe a -3 for this, I don't think that's too bad. Better than having to have two skills!

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.