Re: Thunderstone

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:42:41 -0000

> Empirical evidence suggesets that the newbies have an easier time
> time coping than the old RQ Grognards who run around saying "but
> surely you can only use Armout of Woad on Orlanths high holy day
like
> it said in RoC..."

I do have one problem with this, however, in that the newcomers are probably having an easier time because they just don't know they're working against previously printed evidence. No harm in that to them, of course, but if the grognards want consistancy, continuity and similar long words then the details are important. Your Glorantha may vary, but if it varies too much is there any point in buying Gloranthan suppliments? Eventually, and not too far along I think, these variations will conflict with published material. A misinterpreted Feat might give a character powers she should never have (like Babs Gor either working WITH or AGAINST darkness), and so on.

> Details are only good so long as they are meaningful. The
"details"
> of why a Cow is different from a Broo are important for most
peoples

And most milkmaids...

Wulf