Re: Ambiguity & Berserker Magic

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:32:35 -0000

> Personally, I think a combat were someone goes Berserk should
automatically
> be an extended contest. If you go berserk, it ups the complication
factor.
> If it's something easily defeated, and he goes Berserk, you have to
bring him
> out of his berserk. Why would someone risk threatening one of his
allies in
> a contest where it's not considered "important" enough for an
extended
> contest?

Well, I can think of quite a few reasons, ranging from the berserk being on his own, so no allies to threaten, through he's in a Uroxi band, so they're ALL psychos, to the more mundane point that the band may have a good and reliable way to bring him round, like a damn good Chalana Arroy. And for my group at least, there's the all-important 'It's 4:50 pm, we only have 10 minutes to finish this!'...

Wulf